Sunday, September 7, 2008

September 9, 1965 she was born...

Ok so it’s been a while since I have updated my blog, my life has been very hectic since my last post. As some of you may know my mom, Pam, passed away last November. Times have been really hard since that traumatizing day. I want to start a tribute to my mom and so I am going to have a memorial for her on this page. I hope you all will leave a comment and share anything you remember about her. She will keep on living in all the hearts of the people she has touched.
On September 9, 1965, she was born. And on Tuesday September 9, 2008 she would have been 43. She was the best person around.











Pam Bowden
9/9/1965 – 11/26/2007
To me these dates mean nothing. It does not show her life she lived but two days one filled with joy and one filled with sadness. The Dash is the most important part of that line because it shows her life.
The Dash
copyright 1996 Linda Ellis

I read of a man who stood to speak
at the funeral of a friend.
He referred to the dates on her tombstone
from the beginning...to the end.

He noted that first came the date of her birth
and spoke of the following date with tears,
but he said what mattered most of all
was the dash between those years.

For that dash represents all the time
that she spent alive on earth...
and now only those who loved her
know what that little line is worth.

For it matters not, how much we own;
the cars....the house...the cash.
What matters is how we live and love
and how we spend our dash.

So think about this long and hard...
are there things you'd like to change?
For you never know how much time is left
that can still be rearranged.

If we could just slow down enough
to consider what's true and real,
and always try to understand
the way other people feel.

And be less quick to anger,
and show appreciation more
and love the people in our lives
like we've never loved before.

If we treat each other with respect,
and more often wear a smile...
remembering that this special dash
might only last a little while.

So, when your eulogy is being read
with your life's actions to rehash...
would you be proud of the things they
say about how you spend your dash?

My mom died at the young age of 42, she had one daughter, me, and two wonderfully rotten grandchildren, Johnathan and Wyliam. There were also many other people in her life that were so important. Far too many to mention. My mom made mistakes in her life but she was the kindest hearted woman on earth, she would help anyone with anything. I want to keep her memory living on and hope the people that were around her will teach my children the things that my mom would have.
On Tuesday I was hoping to make her live on just a little more by tattooing the same tattoo she had on my body. This would be something I would treasure forever because it would be a piece of her on me forever. Unfortunelty because of the timing I am unable to get this, I wanted to get it on the special day anniversary that she was brought onto this earth, her Birthday. But very soon you will see that piece of her on me.



Everyone I know misses her too much. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about her. There are even some days where it still hits me that I can’t just call her and it sucks. My youngest son just got potty trained and all I want to do is call her and tell her. My oldest son got sent to the principal’s office in kindergarten and all I want to do is call her and tell her and ask her what to do. I miss just being able to talk to her. She was amazing she knew the answers to everything.
I know that she is safe is now and has not a worry in the world which was a problem for her, to this day I feel that what she did was an accident she regretted every part of it and that is why she agreed to a liver transplant, and on a good note no one else was hurt the days she needed it so everyone else was blessed that day, unfortunelty we were not blessed. I have never wanted something bad to happen to someone so much just so that my mom could live on.
So to everyone who took the time to read this, Thank you.
Please leave a special note about her to commemorate her. She was so special and we miss her so much.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jamie, my heart hurts for you. I didn't know your mom, but I know how much she meant to you and how much she loved those boys. I will be thiking about you and praying for you.

libnhuntersmom said...

When I read this my eyes filled with many tears. First were tears of sorrow and compassion, followed by tears of remembrance and joy. I cannot begin to understand the feelings that you encountered, for you had to grow up in a way that no one looks forward to.

I remember when your mome used to come into the store to pick something up for you, how her face would light up with joy and pride when she spoke of you. Even when the two of you didn't see eye to eye on your decisions (or your boyfriends LOL) you could still tell that you were the most special young lady in here life.

I miss those conversations about how you and the boys are doing and what cute things the boys did most recently. I am sure that your mom is watching you always. (She was probably even in the principals office.)

I am so proud of you, Jamie, as I have seen you (mostly through e-mail and phone conversations) take these though events in your life and use them in a way to turn yourself into a very STRONG and independant young woman. I am sure that this is exactly what your mom wanted for you.

Love,
Charisse

libnhuntersmom said...

Happy Birthday Pam! You are missed!